Benton County Master Gardeners’ Scholarship
Description: This is a $1000 scholarship to assist an Benton County, Arkansas high school senior in the pursuit of a post-secondary degree in a plant science related field, including but not limited to a horticulture, botany, agronomy, forestry, plant science, landscape architecture design, and turf management and who will be attending a college/university in the year of their graduation .
Recipient selection: Selection is based on the criteria established for the scholarship and is contingent upon the student being enrolled in a plant science program for the academic year in which the scholarship funds are available. Finalists for consideration will be required to be interviewed by the scholarship committee.
Scholarship award payment: One-half of the award payment will be made at the end of the first semester. The remaining one-half will be made at the end of the second semester. A transcript must be provided at the end of each semester that indicates that the following requirements have been met: 1. Enrollment in a plant science related field 2. An equivalent of a B average for the college or university attended 3. Completion of a full time status of no fewer than 12 credit hours. Failure to meet any of these requirements will result in cancellation of the scholarship.
- Completely fill out all sections. Print/type in black ink.
- Attach a copy of your high school transcript, ACT or equivalent scores.
- Attach your essay from the Career Goals section.
- Attach letters of recommendation.
- Sign and date the application in the space provided.
- If awarded a scholarship, payment is contingent on the following in order to verify that all requirements have been met:
- Upon completion of the 1st college semester, a copy of the transcript must
be submitted to the committee no later than the 15th of January
- Upon completion of the 2nd college semester, a copy of the transcript must be submitted to the committee no later than the 15th of June.
- Submit your application postmarked by March 1st to:
Benton County Master Gardener Scholarship Committee
Benton County Extension Service
1204 S.W. 14th Street, Ste 2
Bentonville, AR 72712
Benton County Master Gardeners offers its scholarships to all eligible persons regardless of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital, or genetic information, or other legally protected status.